Psychology is almost the main element of betting. Often bettors neglect the study of this area, which is why they fail. Let’s talk about the psychology of the player and how to take control of emotions.
Beginners often face the problem of choosing a bookmaker. The reason is that today there are a large number of companies where you can bet on sports. The difficulty in choosing also arises from the bonuses offered to new players. There are bookies with other advantages. For example, high quotes or a deep line. But you don’t need to succumb to all this and register at the first office that comes across.This site with top betting sites in Kenya will help you avoid the mistakes that many beginners make and choose the best bookmaker for you.
Psychology of bettor
Betting companies make great efforts to ensure that people remain their customers for as long as possible. Among the ways that help the bookmaker to keep users interested in the game are Melbet bonuses for regular players, holding various promotions and draws.
The bettor wants to receive a reward and continues to place bets. In this case, the whole game comes down to two situations. Let’s consider them to understand what the player is experiencing at the level of psychology.
Winning is always great. Is it bad that the player made a big bet and it turned out to be successful? Of course not. But now the following thoughts may arise in the head of a bettor:
- “Why not bet even more on the next game?”;
- “If I win now, I will win next time”;
- “It was so easy for me to make money. I guess I can easily make a living doing this.”
Guided by such thoughts, the bettor decides to increase income. However, he forgets that a whole series of losses can follow one win or even several.
When placing bets, a bettor who is on the wave of success does not follow the rules for distributing money and does not adhere to a certain strategy, guided only by intuition. The result will sooner or later be a loss. Moreover, under the influence of emotions, you can lose the entire bank.
Nobody likes to fail. The losing bettor experiences the following feelings:
- desire to recoup as soon as possible.
Having succumbed to these feelings, the player does not work on the mistakes, but bets on everything, and each time increases the amount.
How then to bet?
If you do not know how to control your emotions, it is better not to start playing at a bookmaker. However, there are some tips for those who decide to learn how to cope with their gambling nature.
- Thoroughly study the theory of sports betting. For starters, you can try to predict the results without betting real money.
- Apply strategy. Analyze previous matches of teams, take into account the statistics and shape of the players. Read analyst forecasts.
- Forget about buying match-fixing results. People who offer such information are most often scammers.
- Never play with borrowed money! The bankroll should be such that you can easily part with it, and it is better to bet 3–5% of the bank at a time.
All these tips are aimed at ensuring that the bettor learns to keep his cool, make bets based on calculations and not give in to emotions. By strictly following them, you will not fall into euphoria from winnings and will not find yourself depressed after a series of failures.